Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Show Me the Mona!

This classroom management strategy includes auditory, visual, and kinesthetic prompts. When I ask students to "show me the Mona" they will put down their materials, fold their hands, put their eyes on me, and stop talking. I have had great success with this and often times hear students saying it even when they're not in art class! I try to keep the Mona on my cart as a visual of what I expect when I say this as long as I don't need the space for other visuals.

SHOW ME THE MONA!


Another visual that I use is a noise level poster including famous works of art that represent how loud our speaking voices should be at any given time. This is a super helpful tool for the first couple of weeks of school but since it is HUGE I can't bring it with me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment