Thursday, December 10, 2015

Grade 1 Self Portraits

A SELF PORTRAIT is a picture an artist makes of himself or herself. First graders did just that after looking at this portrait of Judith Leyster
 
Students could tell from looking at this self-portrait that Judith likes to paint. We also know that she is from a long time ago (this was painted in the year 1630!!!) because of her style of clothes. First graders drew themselves doing something that they like to do. It was so great to see all of the students interests drawn out. When they were done, they each completed a short poem about themselves. Here are some examples of students who not only drew themselves clearly doing something they enjoy, but also did their very best work!


    
I am helpful, I like Legos, I am a brother, I try climbing, I am Connor

 
I am smart, I like my dog, I am seven, I try my best, I am nice

 

I am a girl, I like art, I am human, I try my best, I am a kid


Thank you for checking out the blog! Come back soon!


Some lessons have been taught to multiple grade levels. Not all schools participate in the same lessons due to budget, materials, student needs, etc. Please leave a comment with praise, questions, or ways to polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment